Nobody can resist the call of nature. Research has shown that a normal person went to bathroom 2,500 times in a year. So, if we take only average 5 minutes per trip, that takes 12,500 minutes. 12,500 minutes is nearly 9 days. So that means even in the shortest time which you will be spending in the bathroom in one year is 9 days. It means you can’t ignore the importance of a bathroom and you should be having the bathroom that serves your needs, properly. But whenever people start designing or renovating their bathroom, they make certain mistakes which they have to regret afterwards. It is always good to do your research and keep the real space in your mind while designing your washroom.
• People usually get inspired by the design that they see in the showroom. The design in the showroom is made for the bathroom which was designed by keeping those things in mind. It doesn’t mean that if they looked good in the showroom, they will look the same in your bathroom. Might be your bathroom have different dimensions and those things will become misfit for that.
• Try to design your bathroom with adequate spacing. The space between all the fixture must be enough for the person to move around but it shouldn’t be a lot. Because void in the bathroom doesn’t seem appropriate and they also cause difficulty in cleaning. Always keep the measurement in your mind when you are designing the bathroom.
• Sometimes you will enter in the washroom and see that sink is very low and the height of the shower is less than the height of the average person. This shouldn’t be happening because it will make your bathroom uncomfortable to use. Always try to use standard heights for the sink, toilet and shower. That helps to give a uniform look to your bathroom.
• All the functions of the bathroom are depending on your piping plan. Always be careful when you are laying out pipes for your bathroom. The water supply system and draining should be planned separately and ensure the proper supply of hot water. No bathroom is good if you can’t have good hot water shower in it.
• Ventilation is very important for the bathroom. Without ventilation, you will be unable to use your bathroom after some time. As that will increase the bad smell in your washroom and also without proper fresh air, your bathroom will be breeding ground for bacteria’s.
• Always consult the experts when you are designing your classic washroom. Yes, you can be good at selecting the design or things for your washroom, but you are not expert that how these all thing will work together. Here you need an expert to advise, it is better to hire some bathroom design and also keep a plumber on board. As after setting up your bathroom, the plumber is the person whom you will be calling on every issue that will arise.